Ferries to Dunkerque near to Cologne's grandeur01.02.2010
People thinking about taking ferries to Dunkerque are near to a city which ranks alongside other large European destinations like Berlin and Barcelona, according to one newspaper.
The Times stated that Cologne has a fantastic history of producing beers and has cultural attractions that place it in the upper echelon of European weekend break destinations.
"Give it [Cologne] a chance, because it has an impressive cathedral, a good number of museums (try the Ludwig for modern art, or, if you"re a history buff, the Roman-German), shopping, pavement cafés oh, and beer," it reported.
The newspaper added that the German location is also home to Kölsch, which is a refreshing lager served in small glasses at local pubs and beerkellers.
In other news, the Daily Mail recently reported that Cologne and Berlin were packed with different Christmas markets that vacationers can enjoy and explore.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- Cross channel ferries can transport people to 'excellent' vineyards
- Ferries to France: Bubbly breaks are ideal in France
- Belgium A paradise for beer lovers
- Ferries to France: France has great tipples
- Ferries to Dunkerque near to Cologne's grandeur
- Ferries to France: Belgium beer still on tap
- Cross channel ferries near to fantastic cafes
- Belgian beers are on display at festival
- Underrated Belgium 'offers host of attractions'
- Brussels has 'history, beer and best chocolates'
- Belgian beer tastes 'like heaven'