Cross channel ferries can transport people to 'excellent' vineyards09.03.2010
Holidaymakers taking cross channel ferries to france can experience some excellent vineyards, according to one newspaper, which said that they can be found all over the country.
The Independent recommended Domaine de Verchant in Herault, Château de Mercues in Lot and Le Relais de Franc Mayne in Bordeaux, saying they are among the best vineyards in France.
Focusing on Le Relais de Franc Mayne, it stated: "In the heart of the St Emilion vineyards is a 16th century château housing a chic hotel, its cellars stocked with the wine produced by the surrounding seven-acre estate."
The newspaper added that facilities at the Bordeaux-based vineyard include a billiard room, a bar, a spectacular swimming pool and sun deck.
In other news, the Sunday Times" Anthony Peregine said that Languedoc has plenty of local food and wine which visitors can sample and enjoy.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- Cross channel ferries can transport people to 'excellent' vineyards
- Ferries to France: Bubbly breaks are ideal in France
- Visits to Champagne 'a sparkling treat'
- Ferries to Dunkerque: People are inclined to holiday abroad
- Cross channel ferries: Romantics can find great experiences in Paris
- Ferries to France headed to world's best Champagne
- Winemakers in France 'using satellite technology'