Ferries to Dunkerque: Tour of Flanders will thrill visitors08.01.2010
People taking ferries to Dunkerque will be close to one of the cycling events of the year, according to one newspaper which puts the Tour of Flanders up there with the best of them.
The Daily Telegraph said that the Flemish event ranks alongside the Tour de France and other difficult rides, like the La Flèche Wallonne and the Tour of the Basque Country in northern Spain.
Eurosport News reported: "Lance Armstrong will dabble in his fair share of spring classics this season after the American confirmed his participation in the Tour of Flanders, Liege-Bastogne-Liege and the Amstel Gold."
With big names like Armstrong competing, sports enthusiasts will be entertained if they follow the event after catching a ferry to france.
Travel journalist, Rhiannon Batten, recently wrote in the Independent about how many people are streaming through Flanders and are missing out on the beauty that the area has to offer, such as the white sand beaches.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- Adrien Brody shows support for New Generation at Disneyland Paris
- Ferries to France: Saturdays enjoy Disneyland Paris visit
- Cross channel ferries are close to beautiful beaches
- Ferries to France near to fledgling festival
- Cross channel ferries: Foreign weddings can become a reality
- Cross channel ferries: Spontaneity is vital for great trips
- Cross channel ferries are perfect for couples
- Ferries to Dunkerque: House-sitting could be perfect
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Tour of Flanders will thrill visitors
- Ferries to France close to laidback town
- Cross channel ferry: Flanders has Great War museum
- Ferry trips to France: Flanders is winter wonderland