Traditional holiday 'just a ferry to France away'22.06.2009
The potential to enjoy an old-fashioned summer holiday with the family lies just a ferry to france away, it has been claimed.
The Dailuy Mirror has been extolling the virtues of enjoying a traditional summer holiday by the beach, pointing out that Brittany has plenty to offer visitors.
Offering all the seaside enjoyment of traditional British resorts such as Blackpool, but without the threat of it being ruined by the British weather, the Daily Mirror"s Rupert Hamer explains that Brittany can offer a perfect holiday for all the family.
He added that the region is also more easily accessible than many parts of the UK thanks to the good cross channel connections that service the area.
"Much of Brittany has a similar feel and look to Cornwall, but thanks to good cross channel ferry links and the typically empty French roads it can be easier to reach than the south-west corner of England," he explained.
Brittany currently has several beauty spots that have been designated as protected sites as the region looks to develop a sustainable approach to managing tourism and its beautiful coastline, its tourism website explains.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- Cross channel ferries: Cash and plastic are both needed
- Ferries to France: Can lead to dream family holiday
- TIPS FOR THE FIRST TIME TRAVELLER TO FRANCE
- SUMMER IS THE BEST TIME TO ENJOY FESTIVE ATOMOSPHERE IN FRANCE
- TAKE YOUR OWN CAR TO FRANCE AND SAVE TRAVEL COST
- VISIT CITY LYON IN FRANCE AND ENJOY ACQURAUIMS
- TRAVEL FRANCE AND VISIT CANNES
- THE CHARMING RIVER SEINE – THE HEART OF PARIS
- VISIT NORMANDY FOR BEATUFUL SEA SIDE RESORTS
- VISIT FRANCE DURING SUMMER TO ENJOY EXOTIC BEACHES
- VISIT FRANCE DURING SUMMER FOR A GREAT HOLIDAY
- France – the cultural capital of Europe