Ferries to France: Berlin is a top location15.01.2010
People considering taking ferries to france before heading into Germany are close to a city that is one of the most impressive in Europe, according to one newspaper.
The Independent presented a guide to readers about what they can get up to in Berlin for 48 hours and said walking around the city can be brilliant.
"After a brief taste of Unter den Linden"s lime trees and baroque facades, turn right into Friedrichstrasse, which leads past Berlin"s loveliest square, Gendarmenmarkt boasting not one but two cathedrals," it stated.
The newspaper added that people can take a trip to Checkpoint Charlie, which is a fake border in the city, complete with huts and soldiers.
In other news, the Daily Telegraph reported that Berlin is a destination which has a dynamic cultural identity which people can explore, including tours of the former site of the Berlin Wall which divided the post-war city until 1989.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- TIPS FOR THE FIRST TIME TRAVELLER TO FRANCE
- SUMMER IS THE BEST TIME TO ENJOY FESTIVE ATOMOSPHERE IN FRANCE
- Cross channel ferries: Cash and plastic are both needed
- Ferries to France: Can lead to dream family holiday
- Cross Channel ferries: Berlin 'has wonderful hotels'
- Munich could be perfect post-ferry destination
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Close to great city
- Cross channel ferries are 'close to attractive festival'
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Bamberg is a great destination
- Ferries to France: Berlin is a top location
- Cross channel ferries: Paul Merton enjoys his European trip
- Ferries to France: German Christmas markets designed to encourage fun
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Cologne offers great attractions
- Cross channel ferries close to excellent ski resort