Hamburg hosts international film festival30.09.2009
Film fans who are heading to Dunkerque via ferry may want to carry on into Hamburg as the German city is hosting a film festival which is screening more than 100 movies.
Cinema buffs can view around 100 features and 30 shorts at Hamburg"s Abaton, 3001, Zeise, Metropolis and Cinemaxx screens while the 17th Filmfest Hamburg runs until October 3rd.
The event"s website stated: "A selection of outstanding films from all over the world will once again be presented as German, European or world premieres in Hamburg."
It added that some of the films deal with radical strategies of survival, and depict fast moving modern life.
The film festival will also host special segments dedicated to young Turkish filmmakers with eight directors from different cities in the country screening their work.
As well as great films, Germany also offers beer festivals such as Oktoberfest which can offer holidaymakers with a selection of great tipples to enjoy.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- TIPS FOR THE FIRST TIME TRAVELLER TO FRANCE
- SUMMER IS THE BEST TIME TO ENJOY FESTIVE ATOMOSPHERE IN FRANCE
- Cross channel ferries: Cash and plastic are both needed
- Ferries to France: Can lead to dream family holiday
- Cross Channel ferries: Berlin 'has wonderful hotels'
- Munich could be perfect post-ferry destination
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Close to great city
- Cross channel ferries are 'close to attractive festival'
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Bamberg is a great destination
- Ferries to France: Berlin is a top location
- Cross channel ferries: Paul Merton enjoys his European trip
- Ferries to France: German Christmas markets designed to encourage fun
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Cologne offers great attractions
- Cross channel ferries close to excellent ski resort