Travel by Ferries to France to Attend Ceremony of Military Piper20.11.2009
The region of Normandy was under severe attacks of Hitler during Second World War and the allied forces had to flee the regions of Normandy to the UK. Evacuation operation lasted for not less than 24 hours and in the history of war though ages, it is considered to be the biggest ever evacuation called Operation Dynamo. Legendary military piper who led allied troops with his bagpipes on D-Day a ceremony was dedicated for him. People interested to visit this day can prefer to travel by ferries to France and in less time and with great ease tourists can make their way in.
Media reports quoted, “Bill Millin, 86, was only 21 when he played the traditional Scottish instrument during the notorious landings, which changed the course of World War 2, and now intends to be at the ceremony next year when a statue is unveiled in his honour.”
In the words of Bill Millin, "It is a good likeness, I was 21 then, very young. It is very good of the French to do this for me," Later, Mr Millin was involved in the Operation Overlord offensive, which was launched on June 6th 1944. Military rules do not permit pipers to play in battle because they were vulnerable yet he did it .
TravelBite.co.uk in one of their business promotional activities, said, “There are great activities, gorgeous scenery and rich cultural history on offer for families wanting to get the most out of a holiday in northern France.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Computer game world cup could be good fun
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Gilles Peterson's party 'could be excellent'
- Ferries to France: Great villages can be found in France
- Cross Channel ferries 'can take people to glorious coastlines'
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Paris has great 'fashion' hotels
- Ferries to Dunkerque: Bordeaux is an exciting city break location
- Ferries to France: Kyle MacLachlan reveals love for Paris
- Ferries to Dunkerque can transport people to Monet hotspot
- Mont St Michel 'essential for Normandy trip'
- Travel by Ferries to France to Explore Forgotten Side of Berlin
- Ferries to France near to historic city
- Travel by Ferries to France to Enjoy IIe de Re` Islands
- Ferries to France: The world of Van Gogh can be found
- Travel by Ferries to Dunkerque for a Magical European Destination