Pinkpop on the way16.01.2009
Music lovers may wish to book their ferry trip to Holland early this year as the line-up for a major festival begins takes shape.
The Pinkpop event, which is held from May 30th until June 1st and takes place in Limburg, has attracted some of the top names from the rock genre in recent years.
Metallica, the Foo Fighters and Rage Against The Machine were the heavyweight headliners at the 2008 gathering, while a strong undercard saw the likes of the Kaiser Chiefs, the Verve and Editors take to the stage.
Three acts have been confirmed for this year"s festival so far - Depeche Mode, The Kooks and Placebo - with dozens more to be announced over the coming weeks and months.
Several stages will host in excess of 100 bands over the three days, with ticket prices ranging between 59 (£52) and 129 euros.
Those visiting Holland later in the summer may be interested in visiting the Dance Valley Festival, which takes place in June.
This article hasn't been commented yet.
- TIPS FOR THE FIRST TIME TRAVELLER TO FRANCE
- SUMMER IS THE BEST TIME TO ENJOY FESTIVE ATOMOSPHERE IN FRANCE
- Cross channel ferries: Cash and plastic are both needed
- Ferries to France: Can lead to dream family holiday
- Cross channel ferries lead travellers to Hendrick Avercamp exhibition
- Lily Allen comes to Amsterdam
- Writer recommends Dutch hotel
- Writer advises trips to Dutch waterways
- European football kicks off in Holland